The challenge: To construct a T-shirt memory quilt for my niece
for her high school graduation
This was a tough week for the Great T-Shirt Memory Quilt Challenge. The good news…I thought about the quilt a lot. The bad news…that is all I did.
In my defense:
- 6 of the 7 days I was traveling for work or working;
- 4 of the 7 nights I was out of town;
- 2 of the 7 days I had company;
- Any spare time I had this week was used to clean the house, cook, blog, entertain company or just try to recharge for the next day.
- I researched the best quilt size for a T-Shirt quilt and decided I will make a lap size quilt (54″ by 72″) or a double size quilt (72″ by 90″). It takes about 25 shirts to make a full size quilt. Since I have 42 T shirts I have enough for my project.
- I now know I need to purchase fusible interfacing to back each shirt block to prevent my blocks from stretching. I plan to purchase Pellon #906F interfacing. I still have to figure how many yards to purchase.
- Pohey continues to reside in the bin waiting for me to think about setting it free
If you want to keep up with my weekly progress, please see Week One.